Register   |   Login

Print

Advantech PPC-L61T graphics and XP Embedded

Advantech PPC-L61T graphics and XP Embedded

We are attempting to programatically control the color and intensity of the XP Embedded desktop widgets (taskbar, message box, icons, etc.) on the PPC-L61T panel PC.  Although our code works perfect on a desktop PC running Windows XP with an LCD monitor, we have no control on the PPC-L61T.
After reviewing the various parameters in the system palette, we have determined that the PPC-L61T will not allow us to alter the setting for the COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION parameter.  It keeps coming back as the boot-up default. There may be others that we are still unaware of.

Does anyone know what are the system palette parameters that we cannot programatically control in XP Embedded, and is there a way around this problem?

Thank-you.

So You try to change dynamically Windows color theme.

Before we start i suggest to do O/S backup is something will go wrong ;)
Please try following steps one by one:
- In Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services there is ~ Windows theme ...try to toggle it.
- Try to install .NET 2.0 and SP3 - due some dependency library can be just obsolete.
Warsaw/Poland

Thank-you Tomas.
Stopping the Themes service allows our program to dynamically control the Windows color theme.

An additional question if you will... on this unit it appears that Windows Update is disabled.  How them do I download and install .NET 2.0 and SP3?

Also another question regarding colors.  Now that we can dynamically change the colors of the desktop widgets, we notice that no icons, either on the desktop or taskbar, are affected by our manipulation of the system palette.  (As background info, we are manipulating the color palette to change the color intensity for nighttime operation.)
I know it is possible to work around the icons on the desktop, but is there a separate color palette or other color control control for icons?

Tpannone,

As Windows theme service solved problem i don't think YOu need anymore .NET 2.0 and SP3 patch ... but anyway

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
20MB net install, then will consume about 200MB.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation
316MB install.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24

About icons tweak:
I worry You can't change in that way due it's ~bitmap picture, not tweak able theme pure color.
The easier day/night feature i do is invert colors in driver registry hook Didn't try this in PPC-l61 yet.

The other way for night theme You can try toggle custom predefined monitor color profile located into systemroot\System32\Spool\Drivers\Color
Warsaw/Poland

Thanks again Tomas.  I will try both of those color schemes out.

*** The author has been banned or deleted ***

Quick search in Advantech Support Portal