Register   |   Login

Print

6052 Digital Output

6052 Digital Output

Using the Adam.net utility or the web browser... I send a signal to switch D5 "ON".  D5 switches "ON".  But it won't stay latched.  And further efforts to switch it are rebuffed.  Other D outputs do the same.  Using Adam.net, the utility then starts telling me that "set digital output failed" and that it "failed more than 5 times."  There doesn't seem to be any way to communicate further with the 6052.  Could somebody please explain?  My idea of a switch is that when you turn it on or off, it stays in that position until you change it.  Does this device operate on a different principle?

There are several things that can drive the Output state instead of the ADAM.Net utility(or web); P2P from another module, GCL, FSV, or software on a computer.

Check the following items:
Disable the GCL (expand tree to 6052 GCL)
Disable the P2P function (goto the Peer-to-Peer/Event Tab), also make sure there isn't another module on the network with P2P function turned on.
Disable the FSV (on the page with all the DI/DO states and buttons)
Check that there isn't a Modbus/TCP client or other software talking to the module.
Disconnect all the terminals except power when doing the initial test.

Also here is the latest FW:
http://support.advantech.com/support/DownloadFile.aspx?File_Id=1-2JOYZP&Solution_ID=1-3X6YCT&filename=Firmware_6052_V411.rar&utm_campaign=Firmware_6052_V411.rar&utm_source=support.advantech.com.tw&utm_medium=Download

Thanks Ben... I'll work through this and see how it goes.

I am strictly a newbie here.  My application is related to my amateur radio hobby.  I need to switch six antenna control lines between high (12v) and low (0v) and I need them to maintain state once switched.  At present, I have no need for the input lines.  My "network" consists of just this one 6052 module attached to my local intranet.

My goal is to communicate with the device (the 6052) uisng TCP/IP, sending and receiving commands and data via software written in RealBasic.  My radio and several other devices are connected to this network using other software of my own design.

It looks like I need to follow the instructions in the "ASCII Commands for ADAM-6000 Modules" section of the manual.  I think I can figure this out, but I'm confused about how to determine the address of my module in order to use a command like "$aaM".

Also, when I connect to the device via TCP/IP, does it expect me to somehow log on and provide a password, or is this only a feature of your Adam.net and internal browser software?

I have been able to send and receive data via TCP/IP with the device, but it doesn't seem to respond to any commands.  This is probably just a lack of understanding on my part.

You might have good results looking at the built in ADAM Commander, which will send the ASCII commands to the device to see what are good commands and the responses.  The module will always be 01 so the command is $01M.  Remember, you have to send that string as one transmission, it can't be typed into hyperterminal or other telnet interface - those methods only send one character per transmission.

The password isn't required by commands that change the digital outputs, it is more meant for the utility and changing network settings or other parameters.

Have you looked for a modbus/tcp library for REALbasic?  That would help you not have to write the TCP/IP portion of the communication.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Okay, I have the unit responding properly under Adam Commander.  The next issue for me is the TCP/IP parameters.  What port number do I need to use?  502?

I believe it is port 1025.

Another helpful tool to look at the packets going to and from the ADAM module is wireshark:
http://www.wireshark.org/

Now I seem to have really screwed up.  

I changed the IP address and now it won't connect.  And it won't allow me to assign another IP address because it won't recognize my password.

Looking at the tree in Adam.net, under the ADAM5000TCP_6000 item the next item is 192.168.2.11 and below that is my device.  It was 192.168.2.12 and I was able to connect.  I changed it to 192.168.2.11.  That's where I made my error.  

How do I reset the device?

It sounds like you changed your module to have the same IP address as the computer.  You could try setting the IP address of the computer to 192.168.2.10 and then adjusting the IP of the module.

Two devices can't have the same IP address and the software won't able to talk to the module while it has the same IP as the computer.

Aha!  Thanks.  

I'm stumbling around in the dark here, but I will figure it out.

Quick search in Advantech Support Portal