Board logo

Subject: [Technical Inquiry] Adsapi32.dll - Compatible with Win7? [Print This Page]

Author: luppalurjus    Time: 2017-9-9 03:32     Subject: Adsapi32.dll - Compatible with Win7?

Hello.
I have a legacy app using PCI-1750 card and it is built using ancient BCB6 with ADSAPI32.DLL. Migrating from XP to Win7 32bit operating system, the app no longer works with this dll as DRV_DeviceGetNumOfList always returns 0 (I installed DAQNavi 3.2.10.0 drivers for the card as XP drivers won't install). So is DAQNavi incompatible backwards with apps that use the old dll?

Thanks for reply.

[ Last edited by luppalurjus at 2017-9-9 03:36 ]
Author: benDOTmorgan    Time: 2017-9-11 19:08

Yes. Blame Microsoft. So much changed between WinXP and Win7, driver-wise, that the old SDK/Driver is incompatible with WIn7 and up.

The current DAQNavi has BCB examples in it. You'll have to alter the source code for your application and recompile it. DAQNavi doesn't use device handles, now every thing is a object reference. As far as I know there is no list of API calls one-to-one, old to new.

And I don't think you can get the number of devices attached under DAQNavi; you'd have to go spelunking around the Windows hardware registry to see what devices have been enumerated.

[ Last edited by benDOTmorgan at 2017-9-11 06:12 ]
Author: sgssn    Time: 2017-9-12 17:25

Hello
i have diffrent experiences. We have several allications, written with Borland C++ Builder 4.0 with the old driver (adsapi32.dll). And all run under Win7 32-Bit. But you may not install the DACNavi. This is the new driver and does not correspond to the old one. There is a note from Advantech that says, that there may be installed only one version. The old driver should be still available as "legacy driver".
regards
Gerhard

Welcome to ADAM Forum (http://forum.adamcommunity.com/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0