Register   |   Login

Print

[Technical Inquiry] Latching outputs in GCL

Latching outputs in GCL

Hi,I'm using an ADAM 6017 to monitor several analog values. The idea is to activate one DO under several circumstances that  happen in the inputs.
I've almost did it, but I need to maintain the DO active (alarm), even when the inputs had changed.
I cannot use the latching provided in ADAM because I'm using GCL for doing a sum of conditions.
Of course, the easiest way is with an OR gate, putting a flag in the output that goes to an input. But doing this, there's no way to reset it. The only way is to power off the module. And in a remote system, it's impossible to do that.

At the end, I want to activate a DO for some time (30 sec), when a pulse (one second or so) in a internal flag becomes active.

Other valid way would be latching with an OR gate, but being capable to remotely reset the condition.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

[ Last edited by superop at 2016-1-23 19:44 ]

NAND gate flipflop with an Auxflag as the Reset.

Never tried it on the AI module. Works sometimes on DIO modules, depending on the firmware.

Hi,Thank you for your answer!
I did a try with that, but unfortunately it seems that it would't work for this module.
When by means of a GCL program I set any DO high, I obtain a square wave rather a 'clean' high level. It looks that it's something related with internal timing of the module, but it's enough to make an RS flipflop to fail working properly.

Anyway, I'll keep investigating...

Thanks again!

It works for me...

For instance check four AIs
Put an Or gate
Input:
AI1>5
AI2>6
AI4>3
Send to next Rule
Put a second OR gate
AI7>9
Form Rule 1
AuxFlax0=True (latch if true)
Send to next Rule
Put an AND gate (this rule is used for reset)
AI5<10 (or another parametr (auxflax) which is always true but you can change it to false to cause a reset)
From Rule2
Nop
Execution Perion  = 1000mS
AuxFlag0=True (now put the latch)
DO something or timer something do so...

It works only when the sequence uses send to next rule...

I  already did an alarm system using Adam 6050 DI/DO but I work with latching on pump control with 6017.

Hi...you might have good results looking at the built in ADAM Commander, which will send the ASCII commands to the device to see what are good commands and the responses.  The module will always be 01 so the command is $01M.  Remember, you have to send that string as one transmission, it can't be typed into hyperterminal or other telnet interface - those methods only send one character per transmission.
The password isn't required by commands that change the digital outputs, it is more meant for the utility and changing network settings or other parameters.
Have you looked for a modbus/tcp library for REALbasic?  That would help you not have to write the TCP/IP portion of the communication.
pcb assembly

[ Last edited by FonsCarver at 2019-7-4 06:11 ]

Quick search in Advantech Support Portal