Register   |   Login

Print

How to permament enable email notification ?

How to permament enable email notification ?

Every time when i reply on post in discuz! i have to remember to enable
Email Notification
I'ts easy to forget about it and miss some important answer

Is it possible in Discuz! enable permament email notification for each own post in control panel like in other forum engine - ex. PHPbb ?
Warsaw/Poland

Hi~Tomasz,
The function you mentioned is not included in Discuz, but your idea is great for most users in the forum.
I'll try to find the solution for this issue.

Thank you

notify me when a reply is posted

Dear Jimmy,
Any progress in topic - how to enable " email notification " forever in member CP after  6 months ?
Check this box manually every time makes live really harder because sometimes missed checkbox makes user blind for reply and some topic is dying.

If You don't have time i can publish sample discuz! PHP engine change to enable this feature in following files:
* post.php
* memcp.php
And initial SQL query to add one more column to keep "Always-notify" variable.

BR
Warsaw/Poland

Hi~Tomasz,

I've added this new function, please kindly help me to test it. You can setup it in MemberCP.

Thanks.
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments

How to enable notify me when a reply is posted in discuz like in PHPBB

It works Jimmy - thx

In meantime i did sth simillar so i release source code here , maybe will be useful for somebody in future.

Patch for discuz ver - Discuz! 6.0.0 © 2001-2007 Comsenz Inc. EN by Tomasz Malewski 19:25 2009-07-05
It enable in Member CP Profile Options possiblity to set in each new post default enabled notificaiton.
Please remember that Discuz isn't free and You should follow EULA: http://www.discuz.net/usersguide/license.htm

-= Following changes =-
cdb_memberfields.sql        // MySQL command - add one column in members table to store alwaysnotify option
        memcp.php        // Member control panel to Enable/Disable this feature
        post.php        // post reply window
forumdata/templates/1_memcp_profile.tpl.php        // Member CP options template
forumdata/templates/1_post_editor.tpl.php    // Post reply template
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments
Warsaw/Poland

Excellent, thanx for your sharing!!!
It's really useful for me.
About the license issue, I'll discuss with my boss~

If you hava any other suggestions, please kindly let me know.

BR

Quick search in Advantech Support Portal